I am finally sitting down to do my write-up for this episode on the 18th. I watched the episode yesterday, but didn't feel like writing about it so I am doing the write-up today. This will follow the format of the previous two episode write-ups; a summary (longer this time as the episode is anime original) and then my thoughts, after the jump.
So a quick note before I jump in as I don't think I've mentioned this in the previous write-ups: there is a segment before and after the actual meat of the show that are really only related to each other. I think from now on these segments will be referred to as the "ramp" segments as they, kind of, ease the viewer in and out of the show. The ramp this time features Hayate doing a retelling of the tale of Urashima Taro, a quite interesting story.
The episode begins with a bit of a theatrical production demonstrating the life of Shin Hayak (played by a puppet) up to the meeting of Yukariko Sanzenin (played by herself) and tells how he wanted to be a master thief. It also reveals that he came to the Sanzenin in hopes of stealing Kurotsubaki, which is still unshown. This production ends temporarily at this point to resumes a bit later in the episode. Now Nagi wakes up from a dream of her mother and her discussing her father. Nagi says good morning to Hayate and has to deal with his suprise that she is up at the early hour of . . . noon. It also seems that Nagi is no longer interested in going to America at this point to retrieve her father's stuff. Especially after hearing that everyone who touched his stuff died. It seems that Nagi wants to spend her time with Hayate so she goes shopping with him. She attempts to get Hayate to buy fish sausages with a prize for her, but Hayate being himself he buys them straight from the butcher. Nagi gets angry and heads off to the Violet Mansion to visit with friends while Hayate shops. Of course, she doesn't know the way so Hayate has to take her there. Unfortunately for Nagi her luck seems bad today as she forgot that Chiharu (and possibly Kayura) are in Las Vegas with Ruka, the only person around is Tsugumi, and it begins to rain so she is stuck with Tsugumi. Now time for the connecting theater featuring Hayate and the Three Idiots (Izumi, Miki, Risa) talking about geography.
Part B connecting theater features Nagi and Ayumu talking about going to see Ruka in Vegas. The theatrical production from earlier resumes and shows how Shin became Yukkyun's butler at gunpoint (the one holding the gun was Yukkyun). Thus ends that theatrical production which happens to be narrated by Yukkyun. Nagi wants to know what Tsugumi is looking for so she uses one of the fish sausages to trick her into telling her. Tsugumi reveals that she is looking for the Kurotsubaki. Nagi then calls Mikado about Kurotsubaki and he tells her that it was stolen 13 years ago, then makes a snide remark towards Nagi and she breaks her phone. At this point the weather worsens. Tsugumi leaves the room to do . . . something (I honestly have no idea what she tries to do) to prepare for the storm. A tree branch falls, Nagi just stands there, and Tsugumi has to dive to save Nagi. They now work together to stop the leaks in the Violet Mansion, inspired by the thought of saving all to doujinshi contained within. Hayate finally returns to check-in on Nagi (after the storm blows over) and there is some focusing on a crow (yeah, I don't really understand). Mikado calls back and tells Nagi that the person who stole Kurotsubaki was her father, Shin. There is also some focusing on the pictures of the item that was Nagi's father's, a quite pretty pocket watch that is suggested to be Kurotsubaki. Forgot to mention earlier but Ruka wasn't stuck with chorus duty this time, maybe because Yukkyun did a lot of narrating.
So yeah, I thought that this episode was quite good and it was enjoyable to see an anime original episode again. It was good to see some more development of Tsugumi. I have to say that I really prefer the anime original episodes to the manga adaptation episodes, except for Hayate and Hinagiku's first date of course. The manga adaptation episodes are comfortable as I know what is coming next, but I have to say that the anime originals tend to be more enjoyable, maybe because I don't know what is coming. Since I griped last time I suppose I will do that again, but this time with a smaller issue, I hope. I really want to know why Ayumu is still living in the Violet Mansion, as in the manga she stated that she was staying there during only the summer as a kind of home stay program. At this point summer is fairly far gone, but she is still there. My guess as to why she remains is either (1) her parents have gotten used to not having her as an expense and simply can't take her back so she is forced to stay at the Violet Mansion, or (2) she remains there by choice because Nagi has lowered the rent because Nagi really doesn't need anymore money and Ayumu has grown used to living in an apartment complex with a lot of other females and is able to pay the rent from the money she earns at Donguri. So that is it for now, I hope I'll have the next write-up done by the 22nd. Maybe.
Postscript: I just had to mention this and this seems the proper place to mention it. Yesterday while I was not doing the write-up I read a wonderful fan-fiction called The Wind Sees Daisy written by a blogger named Doughnut Gunso. It had a high degree of belivability (yeah! make up words!) so it seemed almost like a canon work. I would recommend reading it.
No comments:
Post a Comment