12.24.2014

The Sailor Moon Odyssey - Episode 3

So I made the decision to make a post on Christmas Eve and decided that the best thing to post would be more Sailor Moon. This post will be just like the post from six months ago, so let's go and watch some more Sailor Moon after the jump!
Before I begin I'll admit that I kind of forgot what was going on so I looked over the first post to refresh my memory. I think I'll re-post my guess of what this episode was going to be about and we'll see how close I was. "Next episode (this one) looks like it will be interesting, although it looks like Naru is going to end up in trouble again."

Episode 3: The Mysterious Sleeping Sickness: Protect the Girls in Love
(1:42) Man, that opening is nice. It definitely gets me in the mood to watch some Sailor Moon.
(2:02) Yep looks like Naru is going to be in trouble and it is because of a flower.
(2:34) Um . . . is there going to be a review of who Usagi is every episode? I don't mind, I'm just not used to shows doing it.
(3:21) Looks like Jadeite and Queen Beryl are still trying to get energy and for some reason Jadeite seems pretty confident in himself. They don't really seem to want to get the energy though as Jadeite is still the only one actually doing something.
(4:02) Usagi and Naru are listening to something on the radio. I'm not sure what it is but it sounds like the radio person is reading submissions for something and Usagi's teacher got her submission on air.
(4:06) Oh it's love letter submissions. That makes sense.
(4:26) It's a contest to win a "magical" flower brooch. I'm going to assume this is normal. On another note, the DJ's name is J. Daito aka Jadeite (probably). I guess he can get away with it because no one knows his name.
(5:00) Luna seems to have replaced Usagi's mother. Too bad for Usagi's mom.
(5:10) Mr. Tsukino is so great.
(5:30) I love Mr. Tsukino, he's such a good man. And yay for Usagi's mom, she still gets screen time as Mrs. Tsukino.
(6:00) Usagi sure is lucky that Haruna is missing. I guess that means the Haruna that won the contest was Usagi's teacher.
(6:56) Poor Haruna won the wrong contest as she's all sleepy due to the brooch. And I have to note the one guy that I have seen that looks like he's from a different series. If you stop at this time and look behind and left of the girl with yellow eyes you'll see him. I wonder why he looks that way? Ah, it doesn't matter.
(7:20) You should have known better than to become Usagi's mom Luna.
(7:45) Looks like the arcade dude has skills at flattering women both human and feline.
(8:30) An ambulance had to come pick up Haruna. This sleeping sickness seems pretty serious contrary to Usagi's jealousies.
(8:52) Hmm, it appears that the program asking for love letters isn't legitimate. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
(9:25) Naru has been sending a lot of letters, for her future boyfriends, to the program so it looks like Naru is going to be getting in trouble.
(9:40) Usagi really needs to look where she's going if she wants to avoid the black haired man.
(10:15) I don't really know what kind of love letter Usagi is going to write after getting angry. I'm going to guess that Naru writes letter about the black haired man though.
(10:50) Going to see a strange man to learn how to write a love letter doesn't seem like a good idea.
(11:10) Well at least Usagi knows that Midnight Zero isn't official now.
(12:05) I guess Usagi doesn't quite get that Midnight Zero isn't official. Jadeite gets air time through his monster working at the station it seems. And Naru gets chosen as the next "winner." Looks like things are going to pickup in the second half.
(13:10) Is the mail service really that good in Japan that something can be sent around midnight and be received in the morning? Maybe, but this is Jadeite so he probably delivered it personally.
(13:35) It doesn't seem that anybody has figured out that it's the brooch that causes sleepiness even though it's kind of obvious. Naru was fine before putting on the brooch then fell asleep once she put it on, it's not that hard to figure out.
(14: 30) That was such a nice dream. I wonder if Usagi would have learned that Tuxedo Mask's full identity (which I think is the black haired man) if Luna hadn't woken her.
(14:45) You think something nefarious is happening at the radio station Luna?
(15:19) I will admit that the plan of this episode does seem to be working quite well, probably because people are only falling asleep instead of becoming delinquents.
(15:39) Wow. Who would have expected Luna could create magical objects by doing a flip?
(16:08) Yay another transformation sequence, this time for the magical pen that allows the user to look like anybody.
(16:30) That's a nice disguise. And yes Luna, Usagi did need to add the gorgeous part.
(17:00) Oh, Jadeite just forces his way in to do Midnight Zero. I kind of hoped he had his monster convince the employees to let him in.
(17:35) That's good work there Usagi. You shouldn't complain too much that Usagi stole your line Luna as it proves that Usagi actually listens to you.
(18:40) Those monsters are pretty weird having breath weapons now. Yay for the transformation sequence.
(19:50) The action sequences are nice. It's good to see that Usagi and Jadeite are acquainted now. Three episodes in and Usagi still can't remember her tiara, but its okay because this monster seems able to dodge.
(20:00) Or not. Didn't know she could remotely control the tiara though, that's good to know.
(21:00) Jadeite seems pretty strong at the moment what with his anti-tiara hand and force field. It shouldn't be a surprise that he's strong though as he is the one in charge.
(21:15) Jadeite hates roses and can teleport which is good to know. But why was there a half minute walking sequence after he knocked Usagi away if he can teleport?
(21:30) She got saved by Tuxedo Mask. At least she really seemed to need it.
(22:20) Good to see that everyone is back to normal. I wonder why Naru and Haruna have such a thing for love letters though as it seems kind of mean to read Usagi's attempt at a real love letter.
(end) Next time looks like it will be somewhat interesting particularly the part with Usagi kicking guys in the face.

That was another nice episode and my impressions of the preview were right. There were a few spots where the animation was a bit iffy with the same frames repeated for a while, but the art is really nice particularly the Tsukino residence again. It was also nice to learn more about Jadeite and Sailor Moon. So until next time, have good days.

No comments:

Post a Comment